For anyone who is currently pregnant and you are interested in the question: avocado during pregnancy first trimester. You will see lots of helpful info on this kind of topic, as well as tips, advice, ideas, and answers to be able to questions regarding having a baby, suitable nutrition and diets.
Drink tea For some people it is a common and harmless act, especially when what is sought is to achieve some health benefit or alleviate discomfort or symptoms of diseases. The avocado is recognized for its important contributions to the body, because it contains vitamins and benign fats. However, not all people know that to boil avocado leaves and drink it as an infusion. It is a useful remedy to alleviate a wide variety of discomforts such as headaches and stomach aches, symptoms of colds or nasal congestion, among others.
Although herbs are important, because they come from most of the medicines, some can have harmful effects, especially if consumed in excess or in the period of pregnancy. It is so As a beverage considered harmless, it can cause uterine contractions that predispose to miscarriages, premature labor, or harm to the baby. In this paraBaby article, we will talk to you about whether you can drink tea of avocado leaves in pregnancy .
What is avocado leaf for in pregnancy?
The avocado leaf is used as a medicinal plant , boiled in infusion and ingested in the form of tea. Next, we will see why. serve avocado leaf in pregnancy:
- Relieves inflammatory and stomach problems.
- Helps in healing.
- Control intestinal parasites.
- Relieves headaches.
- Kidney diseases, specifically kidney stones.
- It is recommended in cases of dysmenorrhea, menses that cause pain, or other problems associated with the rule, because it produces an increase in blood flow in the area of the pelvis and the uterus.
Avocado leaf in pregnancy
Can you have tea? of avocado leaves in pregnancy? The first symptoms of pregnancy usually start with discomforts similar to common diseases such as headaches, burning in the stomach, among others. In this article, we tell you what take for headache in pregnancy. Stomach discomforts are the most frequent to be treated, appearing in the form of colic, indigestion, heaviness and nausea.
Popular belief highlights that boiled avocado leaves could be effective in providing quick relief from various stomach ailments , since they stimulate gastric juices, improving digestion and heartburn or gastritis.
Pregnant women use medicinal plants to alleviate these symptoms, often without realizing that they are carrying their baby. Others do it out of ignorance and thinking that what is natural is less harmful than drugs to treat discomfort.
However, the avocado leaf contains an element known as estragole , which has been reported in various studies to have toxic action when ingested . Therefore, it should be used with strict caution in cases of pregnancy or when there is suspicion.
Abortive plants prohibited in pregnancy
In the broad field of botany, there are medicinal plants that have chemical compositions that have not yet been analyzed, which means that they are not pharmacologically safe. Although they may have some therapeutic effect, the action they cause in the body and the possible side effects that may occur are unknown.
If you are pregnant you should be careful, because there are plants with abortifacient effects through different mechanisms:
- Those that induce uterine contractions , either acting directly on the uterus or indirectly on the central or peripheral nervous system.
- Those that cause the increase in blood supply : the amount of blood that is directed to a particular area of the body, causing over-stimulation in areas such as the pelvis and uterus proper. This leads to congestion and bleeding with consequent detachment of the zygote and membranes.
- Those that pass directly into the blood causing toxicity to the fetus with its subsequent death and expulsion.
Plants prohibited in pregnancy
However, each plant has varied mechanisms of action and they have not been fully studied. However, there is research that suggests they can produce harmful effects in pregnancy and its use during pregnancy is not recommended. The abortifacient plants prohibited in pregnancy are:
- Ruda ( Route ).
- Wormwood ( Artemisia absinthium ).
- Barberry ( Berberis vulgaris ).
- Alfalfa .
- Tarragon ( Artemisia dracunculus ).
- Sabina ( Juniperus sabina ).
- Agnus castus Vitex ( Agnus-castus ).
- Salvia .
- Tansy ( Tanacetum vulgare ).
- Angelica (A ngelica archangelica ).
- Anis / Green anis ( Pimpinella anisum L ).
- Nettle (Urtica).
- Juniper ( Juniperus communis ).
- Scylla .
- Euphorbia .
- Gentian / St. Ladislaus wort (Gentiana).
- Horse Chestnut ( Aesculus hippocastanum ).
- Fennel ( Foeniculum vulgare ).
- Licorice ( Glycyrrhiza glabra ).
- Rosemary ( Salvia rosmarinus ).
- Devil’s Claw ( Harpagophytum procumbens ).
- Hibiscus (hibiscus).
- Horsetail ( Equisetum arvense ).
- Artemisa ( Artemisia vulgaris ).
- Melissa / Melissa ( Melissa officinalis ).
- Greater plantain (Plantago major).
- Garden basil (Ocimum basilicum).
- Celery (root, essential oil).
- Essential oils in general.
- Common ivy (Hedera helix).
- Sacred shell (Rhamnus purshiana).
- Holy thistle
- Aromatic Calamo (Acorus Calamus)
- Fetid cabbage .
- Frángula .
- Bearberry .
- Gentian .
- Lapacho – Pau D & acute; arco.
- Common chamomile .
- Roman chamomile .
- Sen .
- Soy .
- Yarrow (Aquilea milefolium).
- Myrrh .
- Mistletoe .
- Sasafr & aacute; s .
- Verbena .
- Vinca .
At the time of ingesting some type of tea For a particular nuisance, make sure that it is a plant that does not produce harmful effects in pregnancy and avoid confusion, since there are risks of poisoning or irreparable damage, as is the case with abortions. moderate consumption of preparations with plants is also important, because they are not beneficial in excessive amounts or for long periods of time.
Is avocado leaf tea in pregnancy safe?
What contraindications has the tea avocado leaves in pregnancy? It is taken in pregnancy to relieve common symptoms that occur, especially in the first trimester. In this article, you will find information on care in the first trimester of pregnancy: diet, exercise and tips.
But, the tea of avocado leaves in pregnancy is it safe? This plant is It is classified as an emmenagogue and is used to relieve problems related to menstruation. Therefore, it enters into the classification made in the previous section, so it is contraindicated in pregnancy. Let’s see what are the effects and properties of tea. avocado leaves:
- It is indicated that it can cause effects on the blood supply to the pelvis and uterus, causing bleeding and, consequently, causing abortions .
- In its chemical composition it contains a compound called estragole.It does not itself seem to have harmful effects, however, it has a molecule responsible for causing toxicity , hydroxyestragol, which with high doses can cause genotoxicity, causing damage to the DNA or material genetic causing mutations. In some cases it may be carcinogenic , but this occurs when large amounts of estragole are ingested.
Until other investigations with conclusive data are carried out, it is necessary to reduce or eliminate the consumption of plants with cytotoxic, mutagenic and carcinogenic properties due to the high risk during the period of pregnancy.
If you want to read more articles similar to Can you drink avocado leaf tea during pregnancy? , we recommend that you enter our Health in pregnancy category.
Hopefully you have received all the info about: avocado during pregnancy first trimester. Leave your reviews and talk about your perception and thoughts regarding: avocado during pregnancy first trimester. We are constantly available to answer all your questions about pregnancy, healthy eating as well as diets. Stay with us!