If you’re pregnant and you are tempted by the question: does pineapple juice affect pregnancy. You will see numerous useful information on this kind of topic, as well as tips, assistance, ideas, and answers to questions concerning being pregnant, right nutrition and diets.
The tropical pineapple, also known as Ananá, is characterized by its flavor and exquisite aroma. It has great therapeutic virtues, it is very rich in vitamin C and potassium. It can be consumed raw or as an ingredient in juices and desserts. In addition, it is very popular to mix in cocktails with other tropical fruits.
Myths related to the consumption of this fruit during pregnancy have been circulating for a long time. For the most part, based on assumptions associated with its possible benefits or adverse reactions in pregnant women. The truth is that this fruit has great therapeutic virtues, which can be healthy if consumed with caution. In this paraBaby article, we will answer a very frequently asked question: Is it good to eat pineapple in pregnancy?
Benefits of pineapple in pregnancy
Despite the controversy about the consumption of pineapple, it has been nutritionally proven that eating pineapple in pregnancy provides a series of important benefits for pregnant women. Let’s see what are the benefits of eating pineapple in pregnancy.
- Vitamin C contribution : pineapple belongs to the category of citric fruits, which means that it is rich in vitamin C. Depending on its state of maturity, One serving of pineapple can cover the daily needs of this vitamin in pregnant women. Find out in this article what It happens if you don’t take vitamins during pregnancy.
- Contribution of group B vitamins : including folic acid and vitamin B6. It is helpful in alleviating common symptoms in early pregnancy, such as morning sickness, weakness, fatigue, and feelings of tiredness.
- Iodine contribution : one of the benefits of pineapple in pregnancy is the contribution of this mineral. Iodine is of great importance during the lactation period, since it contributes to the correct development of the baby’s brain. During the pregnancy process, iodine helps to maintain the normal function of the thyroid gland in pregnant women. It also helps the development of the thyroid gland in the fetus.
- Contribution of minerals such as magnesium, manganese and potassium: these minerals are considered of vital importance in the pregnancy stage, since magnesium and potassium help prevent cramps in the Legs by maintaining the chemical balance of the body, improve intestinal motility and help the development of the tissues of the fetus.
- Manganese : intervenes in the development of the inner and outer ear of the baby, also helps to improve the absorption of other minerals, such as iron and calcium. li>
- Natural diuretic : prevents fluid retention. This helps lower blood pressure, and can prevent the onset of gestational hypertension and signs of pre-eclampsia.
- Prevents constipation : Another benefit of eating pineapple in pregnancy is that it prevents constipation due to its mineral properties and the high fiber content present in its composition. ; n. It is very common in the last trimester of pregnancy.
So Well, if you ask yourself the question, is it good to eat pineapple in pregnancy?, the answer is yes. You can eat pineapple in pregnancy and pineapple juice in pregnancy. What’s more, doing so has many benefits for your body.
Contraindications of pineapple in pregnancy
If we talk about prohibited foods in pregnancy, eating pregnant pineapple, despite the benefits mentioned above, involves risks during the early stage of pregnancy or the first trimester. In this article, you can find out what the first signs of pregnancy are.
These contraindications to eating pineapple in pregnancy are based on an enzyme in this fruit called Bromelain or Bromelain. Enzymes are a group of proteins that catalyze the chemical reactions that take place within the human body. Specifically, Bromelain is capable of breaking down proteins into their constituent amino acids, facilitating their digestion and absorption, thanks to its proteolytic action.
However, bromelain has also shown maturational effects on the cervix, which can be defined as the barrier in charge of keeping the fetus within the uterus until the end of gestation. Understanding that the maturation of the cervix is the process that helps to & ldquo; soften & rdquo; and thin the neck of the uterus, in order to prepare it for labor.
If you ask if the pineapple in pregnancy is abortive, obviously, if the conditions described above are carried out before the estimated time for the birth of the baby, abortions and preterm deliveries can occur < / strong>, these conditions being unfortunate for pregnancy.
Does eating pineapple in pregnancy cause contractions?
Formerly, it was believed that bromelain was involved in the process of uterine contractions, so it was believed that eating pineapple in pregnancy causes contractions. On the contrary, it has been scientifically proven that the bromelain enzyme inhibits the production of prostaglandin hormones, which are responsible for contributing to the contraction of smooth muscles. In this article, you will find more information about what labor contractions look like.
The importance of the previous statement is that the uterus is made up mostly of smooth muscle, which contracts involuntarily at the time of delivery to aid in the delivery of the baby outside the mother’s body. Pineapple does not appear to have any effect on the induction of contractions in pregnancy, as it has no “demonstrable” effect on prostaglandin synthesis. So if you ask whether eating pineapple in pregnancy is bad, the truth is that it is not.
Is pineapple in pregnancy abortive?
Based on what has been mentioned in previous sections, it can be assured that the bromelain contained in pineapple can be potentially dangerous in the early stages of pregnancy if consumed in excessive amounts , since it favors cervical ripening. In this article you will find more information about prohibited foods during pregnancy.
However, this enzyme is found mostly in the stem or central zone of the fruit, whose consumption is very low. Furthermore, the amounts contained in the tender zone represent a very small percentage of the total. So Well, in normal rations it would not affect the cervix to cause a spontaneous abortion.
The bromelain contained in pineapple should not be part of the routine diet of pregnant women , because, up to now, not enough studies have been carried out to guarantee that it is safe during gestation. On the other hand, the exact doses to consume have not been established either. In addition, this enzyme should not be used for induction of labor or initiation of uterine contractions when it is present. ending the pregnancy because it can trigger other unwanted effects.
So Well, if you wonder if pineapple in pregnancy is abortive, the answer is that there are not enough studies to guarantee that it is not. Due to the properties of pineapple, during pregnancy it is better not to consume it routinely .
If you want to read more articles similar to Is it good to eat pineapple during pregnancy? , we recommend that you enter our category of Tips for pregnant women.
We hope you have obtained all the information related to: does pineapple juice affect pregnancy. Keep your comments and share your impressions and viewpoints related to: does pineapple juice affect pregnancy. We are usually available to answer all your questions about maternity, healthy eating and diets. Stay with us!