If you’re expecting and you are curious about the thought: juice good for pregnancy. You can find many valuable material on this kind of topic, as well as tips, suggestions, experiences, and answers in order to questions in relation to having a baby, right nutrition and diet programs.
Pregnancy is the most important time to take the time to take care of ourselves and seek a healthier lifestyle, both for ourselves and for the healthy growth of our baby. Adopting new habits and worrying more about our diet is the easiest way to provide our baby with all the nutritional intake necessary for optimal growth and development.
More than eating for two, the important thing is that we take care of ourselves for two. It is not about increasing what you eat, but about improving your diet and ingesting all the vitamins and minerals that our body and our future baby require. One of the easiest and tastiest ways to obtain nutrients and eat healthier is through the consumption of juices for pregnant women.
The intake of natural juices is one of the most recommended practices for pregnant women, because in addition to contributing to the health of the baby that is on the way, it gives us more energy, helps us control weight gain, and maintains us healthier and more hydrated skin. The juices for pregnant women prepared from raw fruits and vegetables are easy to digest and provide us with all the nutrients we need, for this reason we present you 5 natural, healthy and delicious options of juices for pregnant women to take every day of the week. p>
What information will you find in this article?
Smoothies, smoothies and juices recommended for pregnant women
As for the shakes and juices for pregnant women, there are many specialists and nutritionists who assure that all those juices or shakes whose ingredients are green vegetables, are the most beneficial and healthy for pregnant women and their babies, since most of the green leafy ingredients used to prepare it, they contain calcium, iron and folic acid. In addition to green vegetables, pregnancy juices can also contain delicious fresh fruits that provide a wealth of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
All fruits and vegetables are healthy and necessary, but there are some ingredients within green smoothies that stand out above the rest, and this is so, due to the great benefits linked to the health of pregnancy.
During pregnancy it is necessary to increase the daily consumption of fluids such as water or fruit juice, due to the expansion of the plasma volume.
5 healthy juice recipes for pregnant women
Increase the consumption of vitamins and minerals that you and your baby need, in an easier and faster way with these five delicious proposals for natural juices. For its preparation, you will only need a juice extractor or a blender and unless it is too unpleasant for you, do not strain your juices, since this way you can take advantage of its true fiber
1. Cranberry juice for infections
According to experts, regular consumption of fruits such as fresh blueberries, or adding their juice in the preparation of certain shakes, can significantly reduce the risk of contracting a urinary infection during pregnancy, since in this period women are more vulnerable and prone to infections of this type. Red cranberries have a natural element in their composition that helps prevent bacteria from adhering to the walls of our bladder, so there is nothing better than a delicious cranberry juice to start the day. This delicious juice for pregnant women based on blueberries, you can drink it at any time of the day or to complement your breakfast meal.
- Half a cup of cranberry juice
- A whole apple (red or green)
- Two cups of fresh spinach
- Cut the apple into small pieces, and remove the spinach.
- Pour all the ingredients into the blender or juice extractor.
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until all the ingredients are well mixed and reach a creamy consistency.
Try this variation of cranberry juice with banana
- Half a cup of blueberries
- A banana
- Two cups of spinach
- 8 ounces of water
- Like the previous procedure, cut the banana into small pieces, and remove the spinach.
- Combine all the ingredients with the water in the blender.
- Blend the ingredients for about 30 seconds or until the shake is thick.
2. Mango juice to acquire folate
Mango is a very healthy tropical fruit.It has high components of folate, one of the most important nutrients for a pregnant woman’s diet, in fact a single mango can contain up to 142 folate microorganisms, according to data and studies conducted by the American Pregnancy Association. Remember that any type of deficiency in nutrients such as folic acid, during this stage, can increase the risk of defects and difficulties in the development of the baby.
- Half a pineapple.
- A mango.
- Peel and chop the pineapple and mango.
- Pour it all into the blender and blend both ingredients perfectly until you get a creamy mixture.
- Drink instantly with some ice.
This second option of mango juice with strawberry will give you vitamin C
- A mango
- A cup of whole strawberries
- Two cups of spinach
- A cup and a half of water
How to prepare:
- Clean and cut all the fruits into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients with the water in the blender.
- Wait about 30 seconds for the juice to take on a creamy appearance.
3. Pineapple juice for fluid retention
Since it is very common to suffer from constipation during pregnancy, vegetables such as cucumber and nopal are very beneficial, since they not only provide a delicious creamy texture to the juices, but will also help you combat this typical condition that comes with pregnancy. On the other hand, pineapple in combination with parsley are full of vitamins C, B1, B6 and folic acid, ideal elements for the nutrition of the future mother at this stage. Likewise, pineapple has diuretic properties that will help you eliminate unnecessary fluids. As an added bonus, the ginger will add a special touch that will change the pH of your intestines and give you a feeling of well-being. Pineapple, cactus and parsley juice are perfect for maintaining adequate weight gain during pregnancy.
- A cup of pineapple
- 1/2 baby nopal
- 1/3 cucumber with peel
- Five fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup of water
- Like all smoothies, the way to prepare it is by cutting all the ingredients into pieces.
- Then mix them in a blender with half a cup of water for about 30 seconds or until the shake becomes thick and creamy.
- Add the ginger zest and a few mint leaves, if desired.
- Sweeten with honey and drink right away!
4. Apple juice, a classic full of fiber
The apple is one of the healthiest and most delicious fruits. It contains a high amount of fiber that our body can assimilate quickly, because due to the large amount of water it contains, it is easy to digest, it also hydrates and refreshes us every time we consume it. It has vitamin E and C, therefore it is excellent in case problems such as anemia can affect some pregnant women.
- Three whole apples
- Two handfuls of raspberries
- Peel the three apples, removing the seeds.
- Wash the raspberries and then blend both fruits
- Add a little honey if you prefer.
For a unique and different flavor try this second apple juice option
- An apple
- A pear
- Four lettuce leaves
- Before starting you must clean all the ingredients.
- Cut the fruits into small pieces
- Mix them in the blender and wait for their consistency to be very creamy.
- Drink instantly!
5. Green vegetable juices or smoothies
Juicing green smoothies in the morning helps your body receive the essential vitamins and minerals it needs. Between the mixture of green leafy vegetables and other fruits you can so many antioxidants, photochemicals and vitamins that will be an energy booster for the whole day, it also cleanses your kidneys, improves your immune system and keeps your skin soft and beautiful. To prepare them, you only need to choose vegetables that are green and some fruit of your choice.
Drinking green juices with spinach during pregnancy helps with folic acid for your baby.
Ingredients you will need:
- A cup of fresh spinach
- A celery
- A treat
- A whole lemon
- A banana
- 1/4 pineapple
- As with any smoothie, you need to cut all the fruit into small pieces.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon, once you mix all the ingredients in the blender
- Wait until the mixture looks thick and creamy.
- Add a little honey to sweeten a bit.
Additional to this you can add a little broccoli, cucumber, or kiwi. In fact, you can prepare it with only 3 ingredients or even combine them all, there are no limits !.
Juices for pregnant women: Tips and recommendations
Let’s see some recommendations and advice on juicing during pregnancy
- It is an ideal trick to start eating healthier.
- It is recommended to take it as soon as it has been prepared.
- According to studies conducted by the University of Minnesota, if you drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices instead of eating them, you can absorb up to 90% of the nutrients.
- Vitamin A helps keep your skin, teeth and eyes healthy.
- A juice prepared with two large carrots, spinach and apples is the most delicious way to get a vitamin A boost in your body.
- One of the benefits of juices for pregnant women is that it is easier to get nutrients from a juice instead of eating.
- If you don’t like vegetables or fruits, it’s easier.
- Dare to try a new juice or smoothie.
- If you need to sweeten your juice, use a little natural honey.
- Drink the natural juices and smoothies as many times as you want.
- It is most recommended that you do it in the morning to complement your breakfast, since in this way you will be able to obtain all the energy you need throughout the day.
Remember that in order to obtain a large percentage of vitamins and minerals from food, it is best to prepare many natural juices with your favorite fruits and vegetables, to drink whenever you have a craving or need an extra supply of energy for your day.
Enjoy these delicious juices and have a happy pregnancy!
This note has been evaluated, reviewed and endorsed by Dr. Katherine Villalobos Sanchez Specialist physician from the University of Zulia (CMDMC 17.060 | MPPS 111.488)
We hope you have obtained all the details related to: juice good for pregnancy. Keep your reviews and talk about your impressions and opinions related to: juice good for pregnancy. We are always ready to answer all your questions concerning being pregnant, balanced eating and dieting. Stay with us!