When you are pregnant and you actually are tempted by the question: papaya in pregnancy. You will see numerous valuable details on this kind of topic, as well as tips, suggestions, thoughts, and answers to be able to questions concerning pregnancy, correct nutrition and diet plans.
During pregnancy, women must take special care of their diet by providing their body with sufficient hydration, essential nutrients and minerals and avoiding the consumption of empty calories. The fruit meets all these objectives , so it is considered an essential food in the diet of all pregnant women.
Why is it good to eat fruit in pregnancy?
Fruits are healthy foods that should be present in any diet . Most of them are rich in water, which facilitates proper hydration, and due to their composition, they provide a quantity of natural sugar that can be translated into energy of healthy origin. In addition, fruits contain a significant dose of fiber that contributes to the proper functioning of intestinal transit, helping to combat constipation and hemorrhoids, two of the most common complaints of pregnant women.
On the other hand, at a nutritional level fruits have essential vitamins for the growth of the baby such as:
- Beta-carotene : develops tissues, vision and the immune system.
- Vitamin C: manufactures collagen, bones and connective tissues.
- Potassium: controls blood pressure.
- Folic acid: prevents neural tube defects.
General tips for consuming fruit in pregnancy
- Some varieties have a difficult digestion that can be heavy and uncomfortable. To minimize this risk, it is recommended not to mix more than three fruits when making smoothies, juices or fruit salads.
- Acidic fruits can aggravate heartburn and reflux , so it is important to take them in moderation during pregnancy.
- During these months it is especially important to wash the fruit well before eating it to eliminate harmful bacteria and pesticide or pesticide residues. Peeling them will avoid risks.
- It is recommended to always choose pasteurized fruit juices and, if possible, prepare them personally and consume them in a short space of time after blending.
- The recommended daily amount of fruit in pregnancy is 3-4 pieces both natural and preserved. Avoid those that are marketed in sugary juices (like syrup) because they have a lot of sugar.
The best fruits for pregnant women: properties and benefits
- Apples. They are rich in fiber, vitamin A , vitamin C and potassium. They are also satiating, making them a good option to control your appetite. Also, apples in pregnancy help control first trimester nausea.
- Strawberries . They provide vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, calcium and antioxidants. Eating strawberries in pregnancy also promotes circulation and contributes to iron absorption.
- Lemon . Lemon in pregnancy is beneficial because, in addition to having a lot of vitamin C, it helps to stimulate the digestive system and prevent constipation. Squeezed and shaken with water, it can replace soft drinks or other drinks not recommended or for limited consumption during pregnancy.
- Bananas . They are an important source of potassium, fiber, and vitamin B6. The latter is very useful to relieve nausea and vomiting, so its consumption is recommended in the first months of pregnancy.
- Oranges . Its calcium and vitamin C help protect the bones of the mother and the baby. In addition to being pregnant, oranges are also a recommended fruit during breastfeeding.
- Kiwi . The main reason to eat kiwi during pregnancy is its high content of folic acid, an essential component for the development of the fetus. In addition, this fruit contains more than 80% water, vitamin C and antioxidants. It also supports digestion and improves blood flow. All this makes kiwi one of the most recommended fruits for pregnant women.
- Mango . Mango is rich in natural sugar and during pregnancy its consumption can be positive to provide the future mother with a good dose of energy. In addition, mango is very rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium or potassium, all of which are beneficial for pregnant women.
- Pear . Pear contains vitamin B, C, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, folic acid, and oleic acids. It is also a diuretic fruit and very hydrating due to its high water content.
- Peach and apricot .Both fruits contain vitamin A, C, B1, B2, B6 and fiber, which allows the consumption of apricot and peach in pregnancy to improve the intestinal transit of the future mother.
Original ideas to incorporate fruits into your recipes
Avocado salads for pregnancy
Practically all fruits can be eaten in mixed salad , but due to their high content of folic acid, avocados in pregnancy are a highly recommended fruit for your salads. If you add orange, grilled prawns and eels, all seasoned with Modena vinegar, you will have a original, healthy and very tasty recipe .
Smoothies are similar to juices but more refreshing since, in addition to fruit, they also incorporate dairy, vegetables and spices. Smoothies are very versatile so they are the perfect combination of fruits for pregnant women to combat the heat.
The strawberry gazpacho has the same ingredients as a conventional gazpacho (tomato, cucumber, pepper, etc.) but adding some strawberries that give it sweetness and original flavor . It is recommended to take this recipe cold and with some strawberry cubes and some croutons as an accompaniment.
Melon cream with ham
A way to eat melon in pregnancy avoiding the heaviness that sometimes causes the digestion of this fruit. We can use any variety of melon to prepare it, although the Galia variety is recommended . The ham, in this case, we will have to add it roasted previously in the oven , well cut into cubes or strips.
Squids in cherry sauce
In this original recipe with fruits, both for pregnant women and for the whole family, the dark and dense cherry sauce perfectly replaces the black squid ink . We will add the cherries while the squid poach in the pan together with julienned leek and onion. In this way they will be undone, integrating perfectly into the elaboration.
More tips for your pregnancy
Do you want to know the different tests that you will have to undergo during pregnancy to make sure that everything is going well? Download our pregnancy test calendar for free and visit the NACE non-invasive prenatal test website to discover everything you need to know to detect genetic abnormalities in pregnancy.
Hopefully you have achieved all the info related to: papaya in pregnancy. Leave your reviews and show your impressions and opinions regarding: papaya in pregnancy. We are always ready to answer all your questions about being pregnant, healthy eating as well as dieting. Stay with us!